How to Hire an Electrician
Do you know what you should know before hiring an electrician? You are responsible for all electrical faults and its repair. You need to hire an electrician for repair of electrical faults. Hiring an electrician may be difficult for you because you don’t know how to hire a skilled electrician. The following checklist should help you when hiring an electrician.
- There are usually two types of electrician one is who do repair work and the other who do specialize new construction work and remodeling work. Repair electricians are called for repairing simple electrical faults and second type of electrician are called for big projects.
- Contact at least two or three electrician of the nearest area because electrician working in same area is very helpful for repair work.
- Compare prices and work experience of electrician, remember a cheapest electrician may not be a good electrician. An experienced electrician even cost you little more but it saves your money later.
- Take references from neighbors and friends before hiring electrician even if the job is small. Also, share their experiences about repair work and electricians work skills.
- Check electrician’s work he had done in previous projects and confirm the quality of work.
- Contact retailers dealing in electrical appliances they can refer you a good one.
- Give preference to the skilled electrician even if his rates are somewhat high.
- Explain him the complete work before making agreement with him.
- Do electrical work contract on labor rate avoid through rate contract, also check their rate for different jobs and ask about the hourly rates for repair work.
- Before starting electrical work, get an estimate of cost and estimated completion time.
- Before signing a contract, tell him for completion of work in time.
- Try to keep your payment schedule aligned with the pace of work.
Avoid daily short circuit and overloading with the use of MCB(miniature circuit breaker), and save your electrical appliances from short circuit.
Low quality materials, unqualified electrician and a little carelessness in electric works can cause fatal electric shocks in home. Such accidents are not easy to repair and compensate. So it is essential to take every care while doing electrical fittings during construction of your house. This article gives some tips on electrical works during house construction.
Electricity can be deadly if not used with utmost care. When the phase or live wire touches our body, electric current gives shock depending on the intensity of voltage and paralyze muscular functions of the body. To avoid electric shocks during electric works/contact, make sure you have followed all precautions of electric shock mentioned in the following article.
Electric fitting must be safe and ensure proper safety to the occupants of the house. Low quality products or appliances can cause fatal accidents like short circuit fire/smoke, break out of fire in entire house, current-shock to any member etc.
In electrical works, earthing or earthed means to connect electrical system to general mass of earth in such a manner as it ensures an immediate discharge of electrical energy without danger at all times.
Saving electricity not only adds to your money but will help thousands in demand of energy also.It’s duty of every citizen to use appliances in proper way.
Sometimes due to carelessness or ignorance, electric phase (Live) wire comes in touch with human body and the current flows through the body as the body is good conductor of electric current.
We all need power to run electrical appliances and different gadgets in our home. For proper distribution of electricity we need to install and maintain the quality wiring by an expert electrician. Following tips will help you understand wiring installation process for your home or office.
Electrical mistakes are common in each and every house that may be dangerous for residents. When you are designing your dream home it may be that you are not aware about the electrical mistakes and its effects. Here are discussed some common electrical problems that can be harmful for residents.
These are three types of faults in electrical fitting:
.Open Circuit Fault
.Short Circuit Fault
.Earth fault and Leakage Fault
The tools for electrical fitting in home: Connector Screw driver (10 cm),Neon Tester,Adjustable Screw Spanner (15cm)
Fluorescent light tubes come in many shapes and sizes. An increasingly popular one is the compact fluorescent light bulb (CF). A fluorescent lamp produces much useful visible light which require only 1/3 to 1/4 of the input electricity.
The breadth and thickness of the strips should be checked.Spacing of screws for fixing strips should be checked.
Check width and depth of the channel, the quality and size of the bricks for mechanical protection.Whether cable identification tags are provided or not.
Brands of electrical materials-Cables-Skytone
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.