Buying tips for Bricks
A brick is small block of brunt clay, which can be held in one hand conveniently, and bricks are important material used in construction of building. Bricks are used in every aspects of building such as in foundation, super structure etc of the building.
Bricks under size create problems of joints during construction of masonry.
Bricks should not show appreciable sign of efflorescence (Whiteness).
Sample of bricks should be kept at site if the rate and quality suit to your requirements. While accepting delivery makes sure whether the delivered material matches the sample agreed upon.
The strength of the brick structure depends on the quality of Bricks used in the construction of building. When you take the supply of Bricks, it should be ensure that the quality should be according to the specifications, which can be obtained by the laboratory test. The Bricks required for construction work should be from first class bricks.
Before you go to buy ‘Bricks’, keep in mind the following points for good quality bricks according to specification.
- Bricks should be purchased from the kilns, which are not situated on salty earth and waterlogged area.
- Bricks should be burnt thoroughly without being vitrified and have deep red, cherry and copper color.
- Regular and uniform in shape and size with sharp and square edges and parallel faces.
- Must be homogeneous in texture and emit a clear ringing sound on being struck together.
- Brick should be free from flaws,cracks, chops, stone and lime.
- Brick should not absorb water more than 20% of its own weight after 24-hour emersion in cold water.
- Have a minimum crushing strength of 105 kg per sq.cm when tested.
- Some kilns owners prepare bricks under size and sell them at cheap rates but these bricks will be consumed more in numbers because the bricks are under sized. So the size of the bricks should be checked i.e. 9” X4-3/8” X 2-11/16”.
PRECAUTIONS WHILE TAKING SUPPLY OF THE BRICKS AT SITE
Be careful while taking the supply of ‘Bricks’
- Generally it is observed that if the payment is given in advance, there is a chance for the kiln owners to supply mixed or sub standard bricks.
- The supply should be taken during the day time in the presence of you or person deputed by you for this job.
- Some suppliers use the following practices during the supply of bricks. Make sure you keep an eye on these.
- Sub standard bricks, which are not seen at the time of counting, are put in the middle of stack while stacking the bricks at site.
- In some cases while stacking the bricks, they put some bricks bats or broken bricks in stacks.
- In some cases while stacking the bricks, labor leaves the gaps in middle in one or two layers at ground and this will affect the quantity of bricks during counting.
- While taking supply of the bricks give the receipt of quantity after counting the bricks every time.
- If the supply is not made in your presence, give the receipt of bricks after counting and checking the quality of the bricks properly.
- While making payments to the supplier, the quantity should be checked from the receipt given by you and take the receipts back after making the payments. Also take proper receipt of the payments to avoid any dispute in later.
Hard wood is one of the major resources for wooden flooring today. You must know hard wood specification before buying it. This article will help you
Timber should be of first grade and be free from decay, fungal growth, boxed heart, pitch pocket or streaks on the split
For any construction wood is very major raw material and Cedar wood is one of most common type of wood to be used making in door, window, frames and furniture. Here in this article we will discuss more about cedar wood.
Aggregate which occupy nearly 80 to 85 % volume of concrete are most important part of the concrete or RCC.
You need to know these tips to buy Brick Blast for the construction of your home or commercial building.
Stone ballast or stone metal is important material used in construction of building and roads. The strength of the struc
What is bitumen, read the article and have full knowledge of its uses in construction and types of bitumen.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
Construction Material Brick
Rose Weave Bird Bath.jpg
Who wouldn't wanna buy from this store
Nice Brick Work
Brick Work On DPC
Compact living room 3 D design with brick wall cladding
Cement Concrete and Brick Work in Foundation of Wall
Thick Brick Wall ( load Bearing)
brick wall design
Living Room Ceramic Floor Tile in Brick Design
Load bearing wall 2
Second class brick
brick work and truss
Neat and Clean Garden
Best of Brick Arch
FIRST CLASS BRICK WORK
Cracked Bricks Removed
brick wall texture
Brick Work for construction
exposed brick wall design
faux painting brick texture
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.