Cedar wood is generally used in furniture, cabinetry, interior joinery and house construction. There are many types of cedar wood and all types share some common properties. Western Red Cedar wood is generally used due to its exceptional conductivity, durability, acoustic properties, density, and flame spreading ratio, which means it is resistant to fire.
Cedar wood is commercial soft woodCedar, like some other woods, has the ability to dampen sound vibrations. The cellular network of interlocking pores found in wood changes sound energy into heat, making it ideal for the floor, ceiling, and wall when attempting to insulate and absorb sound. Cedar can be used to reduce noise and confine it to particular areas if it is needed in your house.
- Types:In general there are two types of cedar wood, one is western red cedar wood and other is eastern red cedar wood.
- Grain/ texture:Cedar wood has straight grain and uniform texture.
- Denisity:Cedar wood has low density and due to this the wood is easily handled and transported. The relative density (specific gravity) is 0.35.
- Weight:Cedar wood when it is dry has 22lbs weight per cubic foot.
- Durability:Cedar wood is naturally durable wood tends to last at least several decades has bacterial and fungal resistance.
- Finishing:Cedar wood is soft wood and fine grain holds paints, stains, oils and other coatings and gives very good finishing?
- Workability:It is very easy to work on cedar wood either by machine or hand tools and hold onto nails and screws. It takes fasteners without splitting and is easily sawn and nailed. When working with Western Red Cedar, sharp cutters are used.
- Dimensional Stability:Western Red Cedar will absorb or discharge moisture to attain balance with the surrounding atmosphere. Due to these characteristics it has a very low shrinkage factor and there is resistance to warping, twisting and checking.
- Appearance:Cedar wood has good appearance, it is soft wood have plain surface and charming appearance.
- Color:Cedar wood has red color so it is called western red cedar and eastern red cedar wood.
- Thermal Conductivity:In soft wood cedar wood is likely to be one of the best thermal insulators because it has high proportion of air spaces and its low density. When a material has good thermal conductivity, it means that it can keep buildings warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Uses:Cedar wood is used in furniture, cabinetry, interior joinery, bridge and house construction, and outdoor furniture.
- Pros & cons:Cedar wood is durable and its old object / art piece are in good condition over decades. It has less wear and tear and long lasting quality.
In strength cedar wood is less strong and about 80%as compare to oak wood.
Hard wood is one of the major resources for wooden flooring today. You must know hard wood specification before buying it. This article will help you
Timber should be of first grade and be free from decay, fungal growth, boxed heart, pitch pocket or streaks on the split
Aggregate which occupy nearly 80 to 85 % volume of concrete are most important part of the concrete or RCC.
You need to know these tips to buy Brick Blast for the construction of your home or commercial building.
Before you buy bricks for home, office or any sort of construction follow these tips to ensure quality construction.
Stone ballast or stone metal is important material used in construction of building and roads. The strength of the struc
What is bitumen, read the article and have full knowledge of its uses in construction and types of bitumen.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.