Buying tips for Brick Blast
Brick ballast is important material used in construction of building. Foundation of building required brick ballast as base coat under the floor. The strength of the foundation and floor depends on the quality of Brick ballast. There are lot of things that owner should keep in mind while getting the supply from the supplier.
When you receive supply of Brick ballast, please ensure that the quality should be according to the specifications. This can be done by the laboratory test.
- The brick ballast is broken into 20mm and 40 mm gauge as per requirement.
- The brick ballast should be from first or second-class brick bats, because it is termed as good quality brick ballast . The brick ballast obtained from third class or pilla brick bats is bad quality, hence it should not to be used.
- The brick ballast should be clean and free from surkhi, leaves, straw, earth, sand or other foreign materials. Brick ballast required for foundation and floor at ground floor have 40 mm(1.5’’)gauge and for first floor or subsequent floors the gauge should be 20mm (3/4’’)
Quality of brick ballast
Generally, you can judge the quality of brick ballast in the field as mentioned below.
- Brick ballast should be free from lumps of earth, grass, decayed vegetation, silt and sand particles etc.
- There is soft (Katcha) Brick ballast, which is yellow in color i.e. (pilla). When you rub these brick ballast pieces, the particles of ballast easily broken up. This kind of brick ballast is cheap in the market and not recommended.
- Brick ballast should be screened so that it should have minimum sand contents or fine material.
- Brick ballast should be free from mixing with earth and other foreign materials. This happens in rainy season when the brick ballast is mixed with earth or has slush coat on it.
- The supplier or truck owners have tendency to supply low-grade quality material and try to supply less quantity than the ordered.
The supplier or truck owner has tactics or policy to make fool of the house owner in many different ways as derived below.
The Supplier/Truck owner may supply brick ballast below the specification such as Katcha brick ballast or unscreened brick ballast or brick ballast mixed with earth and other impurities because this type of Brick ballast is cheap at kiln site.
- Monetary Loss due to ignorance
If you take few precautions while procuring the material from the supplier, it might help you in saving cost and procurement of good material. There are precautions that home owner should take to save money.
You should first see the material in the truck/ tractor before unloading the material and ensure that the material is not of the sub standard material. Even if the supplier tells you that he has carried the best material, you should check the quality using the guidelines above.
Precautions while Purchasing Brick blast
Precautions while Measuring when receives supply at site
- About Rate: First, you should contact at least 3 to 4 suppliers and have their rates This will help you in finding the material reasable rates. This will save your money.
- About Measurement: Wrong Calculation: In general, supplier tries to fool you by using incorrect calculation method, while calculating the final payment. For example if the measurement is 1 feet 6 Inches, he calculates the payment by multiplying 1.6 to the rate where as he should have used 1.5.
The suppliers measure the height of the truck/tractor at highest point while calculating the material quantity being supplied. But you should take precautions as given below:
- Try to measure the height of the material in the truck or tractor by yourself and take the height at least 2 to 3 places and then take an average of these heights.
- Do not take measurement of the material at the ground after unloading as this will alter the volume of material and calculations and you will have to pay more money.
- Do not take material on credit, take rebate by doing cash payment.
After payment, do not forget to take the bill of material.
Even though Brick ballast is cheaper compared to cement and other building materials, it is still very important as far as the strength of the structure is concerned. There is hope, that these guidelines will help you get the best during construction of your sweet home.
Hard wood is one of the major resources for wooden flooring today. You must know hard wood specification before buying it. This article will help you
Timber should be of first grade and be free from decay, fungal growth, boxed heart, pitch pocket or streaks on the split
For any construction wood is very major raw material and Cedar wood is one of most common type of wood to be used making in door, window, frames and furniture. Here in this article we will discuss more about cedar wood.
Aggregate which occupy nearly 80 to 85 % volume of concrete are most important part of the concrete or RCC.
Before you buy bricks for home, office or any sort of construction follow these tips to ensure quality construction.
Stone ballast or stone metal is important material used in construction of building and roads. The strength of the struc
What is bitumen, read the article and have full knowledge of its uses in construction and types of bitumen.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
Construction Material Brick
Rose Weave Bird Bath.jpg
Who wouldn't wanna buy from this store
Shot blasted Pavers
Nice Brick Work
Brick Work On DPC
Compact living room 3 D design with brick wall cladding
Cement Concrete and Brick Work in Foundation of Wall
Thick Brick Wall ( load Bearing)
brick wall design
Living Room Ceramic Floor Tile in Brick Design
Second class brick
brick work and truss
Neat and Clean Garden
Best of Brick Arch
FIRST CLASS BRICK WORK
Cracked Bricks Removed
brick wall texture
Brick Work for construction
exposed brick wall design
faux painting brick texture
Wood Garden Fountain
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.