Cork floor tiles are comparable to parquet but have added benefits of insulation against both temperature and noise. Cork is a soft fiber board available in planks and smaller tiles. It is practically alternative to wood flooring. This type of floor is soft, noiseless and has no allergic effect on the health of occupants of the house. Being soft in nature it saves the cost of carpeting. It is right choice to use this flooring in children’s room, family room, music room etc. Cork flooring is tough resilient, water resistant. It observes sound and provides acoustic excellence.
Being highly abrasion resistant, this floor can also be used in offices, restaurants and shops etc.
Before Laying Cork Flooring
Base Coat under Cork Flooring
Before you lay cork flooring the base coat should be laid as follows.
- The earth should be compacted properly with the help of watering and ramming.
- Sand piling should be done which helps to ensure proper compaction of the earth under floor.
- Lay 100 mm thick fine sand on compacted earth.
- After laying fine sand, lay 100 mm thick cement concrete in the ratio 1:8:16.
It must be ensured that the base coat laid is fully compacted by hand rammers or with surface vibrator.
Leveling Concrete for Cork Flooring
- A layer of leveling concrete should be at least 25 mm thick.
- Cement concrete should be in the ratio 1:2:4.
- It should be laid in proper slope and in level.
- It should be perfectly compacted.
- It should be cured for 7 days.
While Laying Cork Flooring
- After drying level concrete the surface should be cleaned.
- Unpacked material used in cork flooring should be kept at room temperature at least 24 to 48 hours before installation of flooring.
- Make sure that site temperature and humidity can be maintained within acceptable limits during cork installation.
- Do not allow glued faces to contact each other.
- Prepare layout on sub floor, determine and mark starting line (usually central).
- Apply approved adhesive on starting area of the sub floor and allow these adhesive to dry before laying cork floor tiles.
- Install tiles at the start with the help of a straight edge and continue gluing more sub floor as installation proceeds.
- Trim cork floor tiles at walls as required and trim tiles to fit precisely at cabinets, fixtures, etc.
- Sand floor surfaces (light to moderate) with a palm type vibrating sander and vacuum thoroughly.
- Apply first coat of approved sealer (very thin) with a pad type applicator.
- Apply a second thin coat of approved sealer about 3 to 6 hours following the first coat.
- Apply a light to medium base coat of approved urethane 8 to 12 hours after the sealer and let floor rest for 2 days.
- Scuff sand the floor surface as required and clean up thoroughly.
- Apply a medium coat of approved urethane and then within 4 to 7 hours apply a final coat of urethane
(This Picture is Contributed by "Kartik")
Cork - Another good option for flooring
Advantages of Cork Flooring
- Gives beautiful look.
- Available in wide range of color such as green, red, and chocolate and black.
- Elastic and anti static.
- Soft in nature, saves the cost of carpeting.
- Durable and insulated against sound, noise and temperature.
Tools Required For Cork Flooring
- Sharp knife
- Measuring tap
- Line marker chalk etc.
- Putty knife
- Carpenter’ square
- Hand sander
- Brush for applying sealer, glue and urethane.
Epoxy flooring can be defined as several layers of any type of epoxy resin that is applied on a floor surface. This type of flooring may be used on both on the flooring of homes and Industries. Epoxy flooring has many advantages as it is slip resistance, durable, clean and easy to maintain and it comes in several colors as clean white, slate and silver grey and can also have a specific color.
A nice flooring lets your feet walk on it comfortably as well as adds to the beauty of the home. Flooring also reflect your lifestyle and traits. So dont go blindfolded for choosing the flooring. Here are details of diiferent types of flooring trend
Bamboo flooring is noiseless and adds prettiness to interior of your home. It is tough, durable and environment-friendly. Here is what we should know about bamboo flooring.
Terrazzo flooring is popular for residential as well as public buildings since it is not slippery when wet.
Hardwood flooring is one of the expensive yet elegent flooring option. Its installation is not that typical but still needs a lot of care as a flooring not done carefully could get damaged quickly.
Concrete Flooring is one of the most cost efficient flooring techniques available to a home owner, here is all you will need to know for laying the cement concrete flooring.
The type of flooring you choose depends on the location you are using it for. But if you are confused about the selection of best flooring for your rooms like what to choose for bedroom, bathroom, children’s room and so on, this write-up is just for you.
Proper maintenance of flooring is required to retain the beauty of floors and home as well. The flooring preserved nicel
Flooring whether in drawing room or in living room is basic component and a good design of floor not only looks elegant but also reflects your life statement. Ceramic tiles are a good option for designer flooring. Find out more ceramic tiles flooring here.
Crazy marble floor is suitable for Drive way, Courtyard, Verandah etc. When marble flooring is installed in the main building the wastage and cut pieces can be utilized in laying this flooring.
Going for wooden block flooring and want to know how to do leveling of concrete in wooden block flooring, go through very helpful this article.
Floor tile design ideas are many. Within the home or business area, ceramic tiles can be used to enhance and beautify a
Special types of flooring--Linoleum flooring..............
A new floor needs daily cleaning and maintenance..............
The marble flooring is more durable...
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Cork Flooring in Kids Room
Cork Flooring in Bedroom
Cork Kitchen Flooring
Wooden flooring on stairs and flooring
Living Room LCD unit, Furniture, wooden Flooring, Carpet, Floor Lamp
Kota stone Flooring in exterior flooring
Cork Board in Teenager Room
Wooden flooring in drawing room
Living Sofa and Wooden Flooring
Basement, Ground and first floor planning
2BHK First Floor Plan
1BHK Floor Plan
1BHK Floor Plan
Bathroom Planning, Ceiling, Lighting, Vanity, Flooring, Bath tub and Interior
Decorative Lights in Luxrious Bedroom
modren bed room
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin , Walls, Doors, Mirrors
Vinyl Flooring Design
Living room Ceiling, Lighting, LCD unit, Wall Unit, Furniture and Flooring
Perimeter Border Flooring
Contemporary living room
Kitchen Interior with Brown Concept
red colored tiles on floor in Dining room
Kids room interior, wardrobe, flooring, ceiling, furniture design
Living Room Ceiling and Flooring
Hardwood flooring with steel strips for open kitchen and living room
Ground Floor Elevation
Modern simple Bedroom
Elevation for Ground floor Bungalow
White Marble Tile Kitchen Floor
Bedroom Decoration and flooring
ROOF N FLOOR
Ceiling and flooring design for lobby
Marble floor design
Awesome Ceiling in Dining Room