How to do leveling of concrete in wooden block flooring
The recommended method for leveling of concrete in wooden block flooring is as follows
When earth work under floor is completed, then termite treatment is done as follows
- Treat floors of the rooms by making holes in the earth under floors and filling them with chemicals.
- Make use of chemicals at the junction of walls and floors.
- Treat external perimeters of the building by making 300 mm deep holes filled with chemicals to provide a barrier around building or the house.
- Make holes into the earth and fill them with chemicals to treat the soil under plinth protection and around pipe.
- Treat expansion of joints at ground level with anti termite chemical treatment.
- Use anti termite chemical to treat ‘chowkhats’ or door frames before fixing them into the building.
Before laying flooring, the base coat and leveling concrete should be laid as follows.
- After marking the levels on the walls, Dressing of earth should be done according to the levels
- The earth should be properly compacted with the help of watering and ramming.
- Sand piling should be done, which helps to ensure proper compaction of the earth under floor.
- Lay 100 mm thick fine sand on compacted earth.
- After laying fine sand, lay 100 mm thick cement concrete in the ratio 1:8:16 with the help of mechanical mixer.
- It must be ensured that the base coat laid is fully compacted by hand rammers or with surface vibrator.
A layer of leveling concrete should be at least 25 mm thick.Cement concrete should be in the ratio of 1:2:4 i.e. 1part of cement, 2parts of fine aggregate and 4 parts of coarse aggregate.
- It should be laid in proper slope and in level with the help of straight edge and trowel.
- It should be perfectly compacted by hand compaction with wooden thappy.
- The surface should be finished with wooden float to give sand paper finish, plane and true to level.
- It should be ensure that the finish level of the concrete should be lower than the proposed finish level of the flooring by the specified thickness of the wooden block plush minimum of 1.5 mm.It should be cured for 7 days.
- After curing the surface allowed to dry thoroughly before paving the wooden blocks.
Epoxy flooring can be defined as several layers of any type of epoxy resin that is applied on a floor surface. This type of flooring may be used on both on the flooring of homes and Industries. Epoxy flooring has many advantages as it is slip resistance, durable, clean and easy to maintain and it comes in several colors as clean white, slate and silver grey and can also have a specific color.
A nice flooring lets your feet walk on it comfortably as well as adds to the beauty of the home. Flooring also reflect your lifestyle and traits. So dont go blindfolded for choosing the flooring. Here are details of diiferent types of flooring trend
Cork is a new option for flooring these days. Cork is made from oak tree and gives a natural feeling for flooring in home or for your work area. Find out more about cork flooring right here.
Bamboo flooring is noiseless and adds prettiness to interior of your home. It is tough, durable and environment-friendly. Here is what we should know about bamboo flooring.
Terrazzo flooring is popular for residential as well as public buildings since it is not slippery when wet.
Hardwood flooring is one of the expensive yet elegent flooring option. Its installation is not that typical but still needs a lot of care as a flooring not done carefully could get damaged quickly.
Concrete Flooring is one of the most cost efficient flooring techniques available to a home owner, here is all you will need to know for laying the cement concrete flooring.
The type of flooring you choose depends on the location you are using it for. But if you are confused about the selection of best flooring for your rooms like what to choose for bedroom, bathroom, children’s room and so on, this write-up is just for you.
Proper maintenance of flooring is required to retain the beauty of floors and home as well. The flooring preserved nicel
Flooring whether in drawing room or in living room is basic component and a good design of floor not only looks elegant but also reflects your life statement. Ceramic tiles are a good option for designer flooring. Find out more ceramic tiles flooring here.
Crazy marble floor is suitable for Drive way, Courtyard, Verandah etc. When marble flooring is installed in the main building the wastage and cut pieces can be utilized in laying this flooring.
Floor tile design ideas are many. Within the home or business area, ceramic tiles can be used to enhance and beautify a
Special types of flooring--Linoleum flooring..............
A new floor needs daily cleaning and maintenance..............
The marble flooring is more durable...
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.