Special types of flooring are following:
- This flooring material is a mixture of linseed oil, gums, resins, pigments, wooden flour, cork dust and other filling materials.
- It is available in rolls of width about 1.80 or 3.60 meters.
- The thickness varies from 2mm to 6mm.
- Linoleum flooring is also available in the form of tiles.
- Linoleum should be laid over an effective damp-proof area.
- Linoleum flooring is attractive in appearance, cheap, durable, comfortable and moderately warm and it can be easily cleaned.
It reduces noise to a considerable extent and is used for residential buildings,restaurants, railway carriage and pubic transport buses, hospitals, schools, libraries, offices, etc.
Rubber flooring: Rubber flooring is a popular choice today.
- It is available in the form of tiles and sheets which are made from synthetic rubber.
- It comes in plain, ribbed, fluted or other raised patterns.
- It is suitable for locations where a non-conducting floor (where heat or electricity can not pass through) is required. For e.g., laboratories, amusement parks, etc.
- This flooring material is a mixture of raw rubber, fillers such as fiber, corks, etc. and pigments.
- A small percentage of sulphur is added to speed up the process of vulcanization (The process of making naturally soft rubber harder by reaction with sulphur).
- The material is available in different colors in both sheet forms and tile forms.
- It can be laid over any smooth and dry surface. :
- This flooring material is elastic, attractive, noiseless, sanitary, comparatively warm and soft, but it is affected by oil and grease.
- This flooring material is used for bathrooms, hospitals, X-ray rooms, etc.
- This flooring is used for auditoriums, dance halls, gymnasium floors, etc.
- The thickness of wooden blocks does not exceed 10 mm.
- The blocks are laid in desired patterns and they are fixed by means of hot glue. Then they are nailed with the help of panel pins. The heads of these pins are punched off and putty is filled in the holes.
False Flooring is normally used in computer rooms for routing cables under the floor
Specifications of false flooring:
- P/F false flooring with 115mm diameter pressure die-cast alloy base with 25mm diameter M.S. rod of 200mm length.
- The top portion of the rod shall be threaded and will have one nut and one check-nut for positive locking.
- The jacks head shall also be of pressure die-cast.
- The entire M.S.channel framing and M.S. rod shall be electro galvanized.
- The floor panel shall be made of 35mm thick Novateak Super particle board, 2mm thick PVC tiles on top surface, the underside shall be coated with fire resistant paint. The edges of the floor panel shall have exposed PVC edging.
- The entire floor shall be capable to take uniformly distributed load of 1,200 kg. per sq/m. and a safe point load of 400 kg. at the center of panel with a maximum deflection of 2mm.
PVC Flooring or Vinyl flooring:
- Waterproof: It is waterproof and easy to clean; vinyl flooring is very hard wearing.
- Durable: It has properties of high wear resistance and hardiness. It is unbreakable and flexible
- Easily replaceable: If you use vinyl-flooring tiles instead of sheet, you can easily replace any section of your flooring that gets damaged.
- Various finishes: Vinyl flooring also comes in a huge variety of finishes these days, including slip resistant vinyl flooring which is ideal for areas the public often walks on.
- Bacteria resistant: Yet another benefit of vinyl flooring is that it is resistant to the growth of bacteria.
- Resistance to Chemicals: The surface of Vinyl flooring offers resistance to attack from soft and diluted acids, alkali, petrol, soaps and detergents. However, any chemical spilled on the surface should be cleaned immediately to minimize any possible damage.
- Sizes Normally Available are: Width- 1.5 meter in rolls and continuous length up to 20 meter.Thickness- 2mm and 1.5mm having many selected shades.
Epoxy flooring can be defined as several layers of any type of epoxy resin that is applied on a floor surface. This type of flooring may be used on both on the flooring of homes and Industries. Epoxy flooring has many advantages as it is slip resistance, durable, clean and easy to maintain and it comes in several colors as clean white, slate and silver grey and can also have a specific color.
Cork is a new option for flooring these days. Cork is made from oak tree and gives a natural feeling for flooring in home or for your work area. Find out more about cork flooring right here.
Bamboo flooring is noiseless and adds prettiness to interior of your home. It is tough, durable and environment-friendly. Here is what we should know about bamboo flooring.
Terrazzo flooring is popular for residential as well as public buildings since it is not slippery when wet.
Hardwood flooring is one of the expensive yet elegent flooring option. Its installation is not that typical but still needs a lot of care as a flooring not done carefully could get damaged quickly.
Concrete Flooring is one of the most cost efficient flooring techniques available to a home owner, here is all you will need to know for laying the cement concrete flooring.
The type of flooring you choose depends on the location you are using it for. But if you are confused about the selection of best flooring for your rooms like what to choose for bedroom, bathroom, children’s room and so on, this write-up is just for you.
Proper maintenance of flooring is required to retain the beauty of floors and home as well. The flooring preserved nicel
Flooring whether in drawing room or in living room is basic component and a good design of floor not only looks elegant but also reflects your life statement. Ceramic tiles are a good option for designer flooring. Find out more ceramic tiles flooring here.
A nice flooring lets your feet walk on it comfortably as well as adds to the beauty of the home. Flooring also reflect your lifestyle and traits. So dont go blindfolded for choosing the flooring. Here are details of diiferent types of flooring trend
Crazy marble floor is suitable for Drive way, Courtyard, Verandah etc. When marble flooring is installed in the main building the wastage and cut pieces can be utilized in laying this flooring.
Going for wooden block flooring and want to know how to do leveling of concrete in wooden block flooring, go through very helpful this article.
Floor tile design ideas are many. Within the home or business area, ceramic tiles can be used to enhance and beautify a
A new floor needs daily cleaning and maintenance..............
The marble flooring is more durable...
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Wooden flooring on stairs and flooring
Living Room LCD unit, Furniture, wooden Flooring, Carpet, Floor Lamp
Kota stone Flooring in exterior flooring
Traditional types of brass door
Types of Cracks in the Building
Types of Soil and Digging Tools
Modern Type of Chairs
Different types of ceiling
Wooden flooring in drawing room
Living Sofa and Wooden Flooring
Basement, Ground and first floor planning
2BHK First Floor Plan
1BHK Floor Plan
1BHK Floor Plan
Bathroom Planning, Ceiling, Lighting, Vanity, Flooring, Bath tub and Interior
Decorative Lights in Luxrious Bedroom
modren bed room
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin , Walls, Doors, Mirrors
Vinyl Flooring Design
Living room Ceiling, Lighting, LCD unit, Wall Unit, Furniture and Flooring
Perimeter Border Flooring
Contemporary living room
Kitchen Interior with Brown Concept
red colored tiles on floor in Dining room
Kids room interior, wardrobe, flooring, ceiling, furniture design
Living Room Ceiling and Flooring
Hardwood flooring with steel strips for open kitchen and living room
Ground Floor Elevation
Modern simple Bedroom
Elevation for Ground floor Bungalow
White Marble Tile Kitchen Floor
Bedroom Decoration and flooring
ROOF N FLOOR
Ceiling and flooring design for lobby
Marble floor design
Awesome Ceiling in Dining Room
Terrazzo Flooring In Bathroom