Various Ratios of RCC
RCC denotes Re-in forced Cement Concrete in which cement, sand and Bajri are laid with the help of mild steel. This is most important part of the structure. Generally 1:2:4 and 1:1.5: 3 ratios of RCC are used in construction work.
Where cement concrete 1:2:4 is used; it means 1 part of cement 2 parts of fine aggregate/coarse sand and 4 parts of coarse aggregate. This ratio of cement concrete gives high strength of cement concrete and is recommended for following works.
• For general RCC work in buildings
• Bed plates
• RCC shelves
• Pavement etc.
Where cement concrete 1:1.5:3 is used; it means 1 part of cement 1..5 part of fine aggregate/coarse sand and 3 parts of coarse aggregate. This ratio of concrete also gives very high strength of cement concrete and is recommended for following works.
• Structure carries in heavy loads
• Important RCC structure such as columns, beams, slabs, cantilever, Chhajja, porch, and balcony etc.
• Minimize the effects of earth quake.
• Gives more strength accordingly if Tor or Ribbed steel is used with cement concrete 1:1.5:3.