|Thu Jun 02, 2016||Total posts : 2
| Topic: plumbing
in a plumbing, what is the requirement of providing a manhole at ssome distance and how it is arrange?
|Thu Jun 02, 2016||Post #1|
|S L Gupta (Civil Engg)|
Join date: Mar 2008
For one house one Man hole is required, all waste is collected in respective gully trap and than all the gully trap is connected in man hole than this man hole is connected with municipal sewer line man hole.
Cast iron pipe is generally used in sewer lines. The following points should be kept in view while purchasing CI pipes.
- The pipe should bear ISI marks and must be heavy duty pipe.
- The pipe must be free from pinholes, cracks and has a good finish.
- The leakage should be checked by erecting the pipe temporarily in
earth and filling it with water up to the top. If there is any hole or
crack in the pipe, the water will come out. Hence the pipe should be
- All CI pipes and fittings should give clear ringing sound when struck with light hand hummer.
- All CI pipes and fittings are hot, dip coated inside and outside the tar/bitumen coating.
- Heavy Duty PVC pipes are also equally good if used with proper
jointing and care while designing. These pipes have 50% more life and
are cheaper than C I pipes also.
- The quality of material is checked with rates at least from three to
four shops while surveying the market for purchasing the material.
- The rates of all required items are verified once; not for main item
as the shopkeeper may tell fewer rates for main item/pipe etc. and
charges more rates on other items in later.
- Accessories of good quality are purchased after verification of
sample. Ensure whether the durability of any accessory is more and
guaranty is obtained from shopkeeper.
Precautions While Laying Sanitary and Sewer Pipes
- Generally it is observed that the top of floor trap is not fixed by
taking proper level of floor of the building; which creates problems of
- Floor trap should be fixed after marking proposed floor level.
- The top of floor trap in toilet and kitchen should be 12 MM to 20 MM
down from floor level of the building to provide proper slope for easy
drainage of water.
- Where sewer lines cross the road or drain, they should be passed through CI or RCC pipes.
- The greater the depth of seal is, the more effectively it will prevent foul air to come to the house from sewer.
- Waste pipe should be connected through gully trap in main hole. If it is connected directly, it gives foul smell.
- In sewer line, the following minimum gradient /slope should be provided for self cleaning.
1). 100 mm dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1in 57
2). 150 MM dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1 in 100
3). 200 MM dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1 in 145
- During execution the mouth of pipes should be covered with empty gunny bags to avoid blockage.
- The joints should be filled with spun yarn, lead and ensure proper cocking to avoid any leakage.
- Sewer line should be checked well before layout of floor otherwise
any leakage will damage the floor and foundation of the building.
- Close sewer line at one side by using gunny bags, cement mortar, and
fill the pipe with water on other side. Wait for 24 to 48 hours. If
there any leakage, the water will come to the surface of pipe or in the
joints of pipe.
- After checking leakage, the top of pipeline should be covered with cement concrete.
- A class stoneware glazed pipe must be used in sewer lines.
- Now a day UPVC pipes also are being used in sewer lines; which are durable and low in cost.
Start Construction-Construction Questions (39)
|Articles that might interest you!|
|Checklist for Plumbing|
In construction of building or house like all other components, water supply is also very important part of building c..
| Sewerage & Plumbing System|
Setting up sewerage system in your home really needs good plumbers and systematic plan with few useful tips in hand. T..
|Which are space parameters for plumbing and sanitary fittings?|
The following are various space parameters for plumbing and sanitary fitting:
|Sanitary Appliances And Their Specifications|
Sanitary appliances are fittings used for collection and discharge of soil or waste matter. These appliances may be gr..
|How to hire a plumber|
To find a skilled plumber you have to do enough searches for it. Contact friends and relatives for a skilled plumber a..
Bath fixtures include showers, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, lighting fixtures or bathroom mirrors. In the era of stylish,..
|Water Supply and Various Types of Pipes |
Water is essential for everybody. In home or workplace we need a systematic placement of pipelines for water supply. W..
|Guidelines for Plumbing/Sewerage Pipe Works|
A clean and germ free home is where you live fresh and healthy for long. For a healthy and germ free environment in ho..
|Which are various systems of sanitary fitting in building?|
These are various systems of sanitary fittings in building:
.One pipe system
.One pipe system partially ventilated..
|What is water consumption for a man per day other than residence?|
Water Consumption for a man per day is following:
|What are various types of glasses used in doors?|
Types of glasses used in doors-Clear window glass, Plate glass, Prism glass, Quartz glass, Processed glass.......
|What are advantages and disadvantages of folding doors?|
Advantages of folding doors- Easy to install,washable, durable, superior sound damping. Disadvantages-sensitive to har..
|What are various designs available in wooden doors?|
Designs available in Wooden doors.....
|What is standard size of internal folding doors?|
Size, Thickness and Weight of Internal Folding Doors.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Wooden doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Wooden doors....
|What is the standard size of frame for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Plastic Door frame size carrying one or two shutters......
|What are various frames recommended for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Frames for Plastic Doors..........
|Which place is appropriate for sliding door?|
Appropriate places for sliding doors-Bathrooms, Backyards, Commercial structures...........
|What are various frames recommended for glass doors?|
Frames for Glass Doors-Wooden frames, Steel frames, Aluminium frames......
|Which place is appropriate for folding doors?|
Appropriate places for folding doors-Homes, Offices, Guest rooms, gives attaractive and stylish look........
|What are the various accessories recommended for folding doors?|
Accessories for folding doors- Door Handles, Door Fasteners,Door Viewers.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Plastic/PVC doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Plastic doors....