|Sat Jan 28, 2017||Total posts : 4
|Join date: Oct 2015|| Topic: Whether the electrical PVC conduits be placed under or above TMT bars in RCC roof slab?
Whether the electrical PVC conduits be placed under or above TMT bars in RCC roof slab?
|Sat Jan 28, 2017||Post #1|
Join date: Dec 2010
| Post subject: PVC conduits be placed under or above TMT bars i...|
Hello..! Vinu,The PVC conduits should be placed above TMT bars ...Regards.
|Sat Jan 28, 2017||Post #2|
Join date: Dec 2010
| Post subject: Laying of PVC conduits in roof slab|
Laying of PVC conduits in roof slab
|Mon Jan 30, 2017||Post #3|
Join date: Jan 2017
|PVC electrical conduits to be put in between top and bottom reinforcement mesh (avoiding conduits in both bottom and top cover )in slabs|
Ensure the effective depth of slab is maintained as specified in structural design.
|Mon Jan 30, 2017||Post #4|
|S L Gupta (Civil Engg)|
Join date: Mar 2008
|Dear Vinu, See and read below article|
Cement concrete is strong in compressive strength but weak in tensile
strength. To increase tensile strength we use mild steel bars in cement
concrete. Steel bars used in cement concrete provide good strength to
the structure. A strong building structure is what all need for their
homes, offices and steel is the best option used with cement concrete.
1) Overlapping in Steel Bars in Reinforced Cement Concrete
There should be no joints in steel bars used for RCC work. If it is
necessary to use small length steel bars, proper overlap should be
The joints of bars should be welded in case the diameter of
bars is more than 36 mm. Overlapping of bars should not touch each other
and they should be kept apart. Where it is not possible, overlapping
bars should be bound together at intervals not exceeding twice the
diameter of such bars with two strands of steel wires trusted tight. The
overlap should be staggered for different bars. The length of overlap
should not be less than 50 times the diameter of steel bar.
2) Precautions while Bending, Binding and Placing Steel Bars in RCC Work
- Steel bars are clear, free from loose mil scales, dust, loose rust and any oily materials.
- The bars used at site are manufactured from reputed brand and have a full length.
- Use full length steel bars in beams, slabs etc if not possible,
proper overlap should be given in steel bar and overlap should be
- Tor, ribbed and twisted steel bars are used as they have more
tensile stress. Also they are economical and have more strength in
- The bars must be in full length according to the design.
- Proper sizes/ height of crank bars are given in slab and beams etc.
- Proper support under crank bars of beams and slabs must be given.
- Steel bars are not disturbed while lying cement concrete.
- If steel bars are more in number in beams, the bars are placed in two layers by giving spacer between the layers.
3) Checklist/Points before Laying Cement Concrete
- Form work /shuttering should be checked for line, level and its strength.
- Steel bars and their placing should be checked.
- Proper cover to steel bars and adequate numbers of sports/chairs under crank bars must be checked.
- Proper planks or plates provided for walking over reinforcement are not disturbed during working.
- Raw materials should be proper and sufficient in quantity.
- Electrical pipes, fan box etc. should be laid before lying cement concrete.
- Gap in shuttering plates is sealed properly by jute bags /mortar /rubber etc.
- Shuttering plates are properly oiled.
- Curing arrangement must be checked in advance for smooth curing after laying RCC slab.
- Precautionary arrangements are taken in case of rains etc.
|Articles that might interest you!|
|Tips for Laying RCC slab / roof|
RCC slab laying is one of major step in any type of construction so it is mandatory to know all the points related to ..
|RCC Roofing |
This roofing is very versatile and provides great protection.
|TMT Bars (Thermo Mechanically Treated Bars)|
Are you looking for high strength bars for construction of your house? Make a choice of thermo mechanically treated b..
|Mild Steel Bars in Cement Concrete|
Mild steel bars in reinforced concrete are one of the exceptional building materials. Reinforced concrete requires ver..
|Type of Steel Bars |
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of constructi..
|Labor Guideline for Steel bars in RCC|
Every process needs proper guideline and expert person or team to manage in construction or in any field. Even working..
|Cracks at the junctions of Brick Walls and RCC slabs|
Handle the cracks in the walls initially because they can destroy smooth finishing of the plaster.
|Septic Tank, It’s Principle and Guidelines|
Septic tanks or soak pits are useful for disposal of waste in the areas or houses where public sewerage system is not ..
|Vinyl Flooring |
Are you looking for unbreakable, flexible and non porous flooring? Vinyl flooring or PVC flooring is the best choice. ..
|HSD Steel Bars (High Strength Deformed Bars)|
To ensure the strength and quality of your house construction, utilize HSD Bars since they are produced in form of col..
|What are various types of glasses used in doors?|
Types of glasses used in doors-Clear window glass, Plate glass, Prism glass, Quartz glass, Processed glass.......
|What are advantages and disadvantages of folding doors?|
Advantages of folding doors- Easy to install,washable, durable, superior sound damping. Disadvantages-sensitive to har..
|What are various designs available in wooden doors?|
Designs available in Wooden doors.....
|What is standard size of internal folding doors?|
Size, Thickness and Weight of Internal Folding Doors.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Wooden doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Wooden doors....
|What is the standard size of frame for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Plastic Door frame size carrying one or two shutters......
|What are various frames recommended for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Frames for Plastic Doors..........
|Which place is appropriate for sliding door?|
Appropriate places for sliding doors-Bathrooms, Backyards, Commercial structures...........
|What are various frames recommended for glass doors?|
Frames for Glass Doors-Wooden frames, Steel frames, Aluminium frames......
|Which place is appropriate for folding doors?|
Appropriate places for folding doors-Homes, Offices, Guest rooms, gives attaractive and stylish look........
|What are the various accessories recommended for folding doors?|
Accessories for folding doors- Door Handles, Door Fasteners,Door Viewers.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Plastic/PVC doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Plastic doors....