I have a plot of 16.5ft broad (front) and 30 ft long plot in Delhi. Only the front has a road of 20 feet and it has buildings on its three sides. I would build a ground floor now but intend to have sufficient strength at the foundation level and ground floor level so that I can build 5-7 floors on it later. I do not want to build basement. Also, I do not want to give mat footing as it would increase the cost, instead I want to have columns and tie beams of sufficient strength at ground level and roof level.
I am planning to have four columns of 1ft*1feet along the east wall (column A, I, N, R in the drawing) and four columns along the west (column C, G, K, O in the drawing) wall. Four pillars would be on the east side and four pillars would be on the west side. Columns B, Q and H would also be of 1 ft* 1ft. Other than the columns mentioned here, all other columns of 1ft*1ft shown in the drawing are intermediate columns and will terminate at the plinth level. I am planning to erect columns first and then do the roof, and then place bricks as partition after the centering things are removed. The roof would also have tie beams to bind the building as a single block. The positions are along the outer four sides, along QM, NMLK, IHJG, and LJ.
RQTS is the kitchen. LKGJ is the toilet. QOKM is a room. IHBA is a room. NLJHI is open space for movement.
I require technical advice keeping the map of the house same because I do not want to over construct or under construct.
1. What is the required broadness and number of columns along the east and west walls to support 5-7 floors?
2. What is the required broadness of all horizontal tie beams along all the walls at the ground level to support 5-7 floors?
3. Should two tie beams be given till the road level, one at 3ft in the earth and the other and 3feet above the road as the road is 2.5 feet above the ground level. Are two horizontal tie beams required because I would not fill the space between the two tie beams with bricks? What should be the size of the horizontal tie beams and the number of rods along with the dia of the rod required to be used.
4.What should be the thickness of the rod(12mm or 16mm or 20 mm) in the columns along the east and west walls?
5. What should be the number of rods in the columns along the east and west walls? e.g 16mm along the corners of the column and 12mm along the centre or some thing else?
6. Is Lintel required at 7 feet from road (above doors and windows) and what should be the number and dia of the rods?
7. Is the position of main and intermediate columns correct or can the number of columns be increased of decreased?
8. The nine feet space (AB) along the north wall will have a beam at height 7 feet because the 9 feet span will have no walls. There would be space above the beam as well. What should be the dimension of this beam and what should be the dia of rods used and the number of rods used.
I would be very thankful if you answer my queries as these aspects are important.